www.amroworldwide.com

Welcome to Amro's travel blogs. We will be updating our blogs with current travel news, destination information and insider knowledge for the gay and lesbian traveller. If you have any questions or comments regarding any of our posted blogs please feel free to contact us at holidays@amroholidays.com

Sunday 28 September 2008

ATOL and all that !!

I make no apology for plugging time and time again, at this difficult time, that Amro Worldwide holds ATOL5826 issued by the UK Civil Aviation Authority for your holiday protection. Nearly seven years ago when I was planning the launch of Amro, I decided that we should aspire to provide the very highest standards and levels of financial protection for our holidaying travellers. It was simply nothing more than I expected when I travelled and I failed to see why the gay community should expect anything less.

Getting an ATOL isn't easy. All the Director's of Amro Holidays Ltd were personally vetted by the Civil Aviation Authority Consumer Protection Group. I was interviewed for over an hour about how I would run the business and my background. A financial bond was taken meaning if Amro failed, I would loose my home - not an easy thing to agree to! To cap it all, I had to find £50,000 in cash.

With those sort of financial penalties around, I don't take chances with Amro and that's why I believe we remain and prosper in the business of gay travel. Our holidays are no more expensive than any others and in a lot of cases far cheaper, so I often wonder why anyone takes a chance and books their precious holiday with any holiday company which does not hold an ATOL.

Andrew

No comments:

Gay insider tips for Peru

  • Check out Fallen Angel in Cusco, a funky gay friendly bar and restaurant with creative artwork for sale. Check out the toilets!
  • Pick up great souviners at the Pisac Markets
  • For the adventurous try the local cuisine of Cuy (Guinea Pig)
  • Drinks plenty of fluids and Coca tea in Lake Titicaca
  • Get to Machu Picchu early